The survey regarding the location of the statue has now been completed – thank you to everyone who responded.  The preference was 56% in favour of the Market Place with the remaining 44% preferring the Church Bank.  The Better Barrow Statue Committee will, therefore, proceed to investigate placing the statue in the Market Place with the Church Bank being the fall-back position should the Market Place be unsuitable for any reason.  It should be noted that there are many steps and considerations to be undertaken – such as the required foundations, lighting, etc – prior to applying for planning permission, at which point the residents of Barrow will be able to make their views known to the North Lincs Planning Committee through the official planning process.