Welcome to the updated Better Barrow website. Within this site you should find information on all our future, current and past activities. We welcome any ideas about how to improve the site and features that you’d like to see added. Please forgive any glitches – we’re new at this! Comments may be made from the Contact page.
The Better Barrow Community Project was formed in January 2012. It is a registered charity, the purpose of which is to improve and enhance the environment of the village and raise awareness of its heritage. For more information about Better Barrow see the About page.
Please follow us on a daily basis though our Facebook and Twitter pages, feeds of which are below. To receive our regular newsletter and updates please subscribe at the bottom of this page (if you are already on our e-mail list you do not need to do this again).
The Better Barrow Community Project will hold their Annual Meeting in the Vicar's Room on Wednesday 25th April at 19:00 hrs (7pm). Please come along to find out what we’ve been doing over the last year, including progress with the John Harrison Statue.
Following the first successful knit-in, the yarnbombers are meeting again on Saturday March 24th between 2pm and 4pm at Harrison's Past and Present . New yarnbombers welcome, patterns and wool are available. Knitted items can also be left with Lisa at Harrison's...
The survey regarding the location of the statue has now been completed - thank you to everyone who responded. The preference was 56% in favour of the Market Place with the remaining 44% preferring the Church Bank. The Better Barrow Statue Committee will, therefore,...